Friday, January 31, 2014

Opportunity awaits...

Happy Friday!! Yesterday's post got me thinking about the things we want in life. From day to day. I'm talking a prayer you may have been praying about, the last piece of buttermilk pie (true story), a better job, a promotion at your current job, or even wanting to learn to sew!

I am a firm believe in the power of prayer. I'm also a firm believer in getting off your butt and making it happen! Sometimes God will open doors for us (create opportunities) that we don't even see because we're too busy whining and complaining about our job (when we should be thankful we have   a job) or we're waiting on something to just fall in our lap. God sometimes gives us the opportunity, but we have to make it happen.

-Sign up for a sewing class! Better yet, do what I did and watch videos on YouTube. No joke. Everything I have sewn I've either watched a YouTube video on how to make it or I've found a step by step tutorial on another blog.

-Ask for that promotion! I highly recommend dressing your best that day and walking into your boss's office with a list of reasons why you deserve a promotion. What's the worst thing that could happen? They say no. Ok, well you still have a job, you're not making any less and you've planted a seed. Boom.

-And, you'll have to excuse me, this is MY style. Take that last piece of pie! Gobble it up real quick and then, even more quickly, leave the room. Wipe the crumbs off your mouth! Go in the kitchen later saying how much you'd reeaally like another piece of pie. *GASP* it's gone!!!! Oh well, someone must have wanted it more than you. The early bird gets the worm, right? Muahahahahahaha.

My "biggest" sale so far with my appliqué business happened because I reached out to a friend and showed her what I was doing. She has 3 little boys so I showed her pictures of the shirts I had made for Carter. She freaked (obvi) OUT. I offered her free shipping since she lives a bit away, and the rest is history. LOL, I won't start that again. I mean, word of mouth is my best friend right now. I made it happen.

Fear and doubt are the biggest dream killers, for real. Take a deep breath, and jump the fence of opportunity. You never know what is waiting on the other side.




No comments:

Post a Comment