Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Living my dream...

I'm a happily married, stay at home Mommy who loves to cook, bake, sew and craft!! My days consist of taking care of our baby, cleaning, cooking, diaper changing, sipping coffee (just to name a few) and sneaking away to craft during cartoon or nap time. I heart nap time. Maybe more than most šŸ˜.
I  recently got a sewing/embroidery machine in one for Christmas and well, the rest is history. I needed a new sewing machine, BAD. The one I had was a Black Friday special for $50. It was a Brother and it was good to me, but I spent more time being frustrated than productive. Back to my new machine....
                                         

    Ain't she a beaut? Seriously. Added bonus, and you may have already known this, but embroidery machines appliquĆ©!!  Ok, NOW the rest is history.                                                        
                                                 












I. Can't. Stop!!! Not only is my baby boy completely ready for any upcoming holiday, and by ready I mean he has an appliquĆ©d shirt with his name on it (ha!) but I've actually sold several!!  I would love to take complete credit for every part of this discovery, but I can't. My husbands Aunt (and my very good friend *smooch smooch*) actually texted me asking if my machine appliquĆ©d, she's the REAL appliquĆ© freak.  I had no idea, so of course, I googled it.  And the rest is history...ok ok I'll stop.  

In the 1 month I've had this machine, I've done things and attempted things I would have never done in the past!! I've put Carter in a MDO program, every Tuesday and Thursday for starters..I would have never thought I could have gone through with that. We both still get emotional. Haha. I've opened up an Etsy shop (happycheeksboutique) for these shirts, and even started another IG account! Who am I?! This isn't my personality at all. It really goes to show you that doubt will kill your dreams faster than failure ever will. (Thanks, Lindsay!!) I'm so glad that even through all my doubt, thinking I would fail for sure, I still did it. And the rest is history....last time, promise 


Xoxo, 
Brooke









3 comments:

  1. Seriously. HIGH FIVE. Being brave takes major guts!! And the part about your Husband's aunt. Hahaha. Spit out my coffee. I don't know why that made me laugh so hard??

    Can't wait to follow along on your blog adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly? I typed and restyled that out several times. It just looked funny! But, as crazy as it seems, you are his Aunt!! Justin giggled too...

    ReplyDelete