Friday, May 9, 2014

I'm dreaming of plates

I've been wanting a plate wall for awhile now.  I would have never dreamed I would be collecting plates to put on display, lol.  All I  knew of a plate wall was what my Aunt had when I was younger.  She had Victorian style plates (those were really "in" late 80's, early 90's) hung side by side, completely lining her ceiling.  They were hung as high as possible and lined her entire house pretty much.  Yikes.  Not exactly my vision but I'm pretty pumped about my pending project.  All I lack is plate hangers.  You've got to see my plates.  They're a mix between plates that I've purchased on a whim, plates that hold a special place in my heart and plates that were gifted to me.  I'm sooo excited.



These white milk plates were given to me by my best Mommy friend.  I mentioned during one of our convos that I was thinking about starting a plate wall.  The next thing I knew she gave me these beauties to give me a jump start. I LOVE these.  These are what started my milk glass obsession.


These colorful plates were a birthday gift from my sister!!!  I put these in my Amazon Wish List FOREVER ago.  While looking for ideas on what to get me she searched to see if I had a wish list, we both love Amazon so she thought it was worth a shot.  I was floored when I opened these babies up.  Ahhh. Totally in love.


These dainty plates were given to me by my Mother in law.  I was eyeing the entire set at TJ Maxx on one of our shopping escapades and she got them for my birthday 4 years ago.  The coloring in this photo is off.  They're more of a robins egg blue and I'm completely obsessed with them.


These plates, also white milk glass, look a lot like the ones my friend Lindsay gave me.  The only difference is the scalloped edges are slightly different.  I scored these for a ridiculous steal on Ebay.


This one. I LOVE it.  Also milk glass.  I found this one on Ebay as well and plan to make it my center plate.  Everything about it is gorgeous.  I know, I know.  It's just a plate.  But, still....*swoon*


Anyone else might be embarrassed to say where they got these plates.  You don't know me well enough.  I got these babes at Kroger's! On sale, too.  These reminded me of wedding anniversary plates.  I had to have them.  I can just see myself passing these 'antiques' (haha) down to my daughter in law.  I'll save the other ones for my daughter. LOL. I'm bad.


This one my friend Lindsay, (Lindsay to the rescue, again!) found at a shop in Oxford, Mississippi while her and her husband were there for a wedding.  Homegirl is pretty quick on the trigger and had a picture + price + circumference texted to me lickety split.  I'm pretty quick, too.  She had the money in her PayPal account before I even responded to her text. 


My plan is to hang these in my dining room.  I have one wall painted a fabulous blue color, kiiinda like the background in these pictures but a tad more turquoisey (?), I will definitely post pictures once it's finished!  My baby will be 2 in July and we're having his party at our house so they will definitely need to be hung before then.  

Do you have a pending project you are completely excited about?  I would love to hear about it!!  

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment