Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sweet Tooth

OK.  So it's been awhile since I blogged.  Oops! But, I'm back, and with another recipe (I'm sure you're shocked) that'll make you wanna slap ya momma and wrastle ya hubby.  It's seriously that good.  Here, let me share.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Layered Cake

*I made a chocolate oreo version of this cake and it was simply scrumptious. I made this for a birthday party and wasn't sure they loved chocolate so I switched out the main ingredients*

1 box of moist Strawberry cake.  Baked as directed in two 9in. round pans, let cool.

12oz of cream cheese (1 1/2 bars), softened.  Mixed with 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.

Once the cream cheese and sugar is mixed and smooth, chop up 5 to 6 strawberries  and throw in the cream cheese mixture.  Add 2 1/2 cups of cool whip.  Mix well.

Cut each cake horizontally, you will end up with 4 thin, round cakes.  Once the cakes are completely cooled, spread the cream cheese/strawberry mixture on to the first layer and start stacking the cakes, "icing" each layer and adding the next cake.

You will end up with a 4-layer strawberry cake with the mixture in the middle if each layer.  I reserve most of the mixture for the top layer, just a personal preference.

Next, take 2 tablespoons of butter and 4oz of white chocolate (I used Ghirardelli) and place in a bowl.  Microwave for 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.

I chopped up 3 additional strawberries and placed on top of the cake, followed by 3 whole strawberries, for looks.  Then pour the white chocolate all over the top, allowing it to run down the sides.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Thank me later.


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh. This one looks good too! And I want the banana creme pie you insta posted the other day. Yum!

    I have your cake carrier too! Remind me :)

    ReplyDelete