Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

It's a dreary day where I'm at. Freezing cold and rainy. I thought this would be a perfect day to make a big ol pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. I'm not a huge CNS fan myself, but my husband is. I made this pot of soup a week or two ago and I gotta say, I'm now a CNS fan. This is by far the best I've ever had.  I thought I'd share the recipe with you guys!

Ch-Ch-Chiiicken Noodle Soup:

4-6 cups of cooked and shredded chicken. I use boneless skinless chicken breast.
1-2 cups of chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup of butter. (Now we're talkin')
12 oz of uncooked egg noodles
12 cups of water *You can add a little more at the end if you find you need it*
9 cubes chicken bouillon
1/2 tsp dried marjoram. *I always end up adding more bc I love it, 1/2 tsp is a good place to start*
1/2 tsp black pepper

Optional:
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon of dried parsley.
1/4 cup of chopped onion.

*I don't use a bay leaf bc I never have it on hand, I like to be able to throw it together and not make a special trip to the store for ONE item. If I have parsley on hand I'll use it, I haven't the last two times. My husband hates onion. I sneak it I when I can.*

In a large stock pot, sauté the celery and butter (also onion if you're using it) until vegetables are soft. Add chicken, carrots, water, bouillon cubes, marjoram and black pepper. Add bay leaf and parsley also if you're using it. Simmer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, add uncooked noodles and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. You're done! Enjoy!



This, in my opinion (and my husband's!), is the absolute best chicken noodle soup. Ever. I hope you like it too!!! Thanks for stopping by on this cold and rainy Tasty Tuesday!

XoXo,
Brooke


1 comment:

  1. Yum. I love soups. My Mom is known for her "Cheesy Chicken Soup", it's THE bomb. I'll email you the recipe. Ahhhmazing. I'll definitely have to try this CNS some time.

    I have roast + potatoes + butternut squash and carrots in the crock pot today. It's smelling soooo delish right now! :)

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete