Monday, February 3, 2014

LOVE

February is here!! The month of LOVE. I gotta admit I used to hate Valentine's Day. Of course, I was single...haha.  But really, while your husband should be bringing you home flowers every now and then 'just because', the 14th of February is the one day (and maybe your birthday) that they can't possibly avoid it. I mean, they can't go anywhere and not see the huge obnoxious teddy bear holding a heart, surrounded my cards, chocolates and roses.

But while it's become "tradition" for this to be the day for men to wine and dine their wives/girlfriends, why can't we make the day or even month about them?! Trust me. We get ALL year if we really think about it, there's no day for the men unless they're Daddy's, then they get Father's Day.

This year I've made it my mission to reconnect with my hubs. We're happily married, but if any of you have children, young children especially, you know that it's HARD to keep the spark, the flame, the connection, even conversation going!  We don't have date nights. Ever. On the weekends both of us are so tired from the week we usually cook (just like Mon-Fri) and stay in, maybe rent a movie. All the while our bundle of joy is right in the middle of us. Haha. I wouldn't trade him for anything, don't get me wrong, but we spend ALL of our time playing Mommy and Daddy, and NO time playing husband and wife.

I know we're 3 days into February, but humor me. I'm starting my own 28 day marriage challenge. Every day I am going to do something out of the ordinary, spontaneous, loving, even encouraging for my man. It's gonna be something that I wouldn't do on a regular day to day basis, (even though I know I should) I want him to notice. My hopes are that after this month, these things will happen more naturally for me, it won't take "work" for me to do these things on any given day.  I'm gonna start with "3" since it's the 3rd of February..

3. Let him pick a movie for tonight. Even if I KNOW it's going to be lame (It's my 6th sense) or if it has Will Ferrel in it. Oh Lort.
4. Have a encouraging note waiting for him on his steering wheel.
5. This is Wednesday. Let him pick out my church outfit. May sound crazy, he's gonna flippin freak.
6. Make him a pitcher of Horchata. (Mexican milk, ick) He loves that stuff, y'all.
7. Make him a tamale dinner. Ok, he's not Mexican. Or even Spanish. He was born in Bryan, Tx. But this guy could live, eat and breathe Mexican food for the rest of his life.
8. Clean the baseboards. Y'all, I'm dying. This has been a long running "disagreement" between the two of us. I don't do baseboards. Waste of time in my opinion. He thinks differently.
9. Kiss him first thing in the morning. We don't do that enough. Mornings are down right crazy.
10. Surprise him with lunch at work
11. Be the first to apologize. Admit I'm wrong even if I'm not. In the end, does it really matter who's wrong or who's right?!
12. Tell him how happy I am he chose me, and that marrying him was the best thing I ever did.
13. Buy lingerie. I'm not a lingerie girl. At all. I like the cutesy, comfy, polka dotted tank and shorts set. He doesn't. Lol.
14. Verbalize how thankful I am for all he does for our family.
15. Make him tres leches. Just because.
16. Hug and kiss him as soon as he walks in the door from work.
17. Stay up late with him. He's a night owl. I am not.
18. Ask him if there's anything I can do to make his day easier. Calling a vendor, ordering material, whatever.
19. Give him a massage and a back scratch. He lives for back scratches.
20. Compliment him on how good he looks.
21. Turn off or turn my phone on vibrate when he gets home. Nothing is more important than him.
22. Plan ahead for someone to keep Carter and take him on a date to his favorite restaurant.
23. Tell him how proud I am of him and his accomplishments.
24. Text him randomly throughout the day to tell him how much I love him.
25. Ask him about work. I don't do this enough, unfortunately.
26. Go online and start planning a surprise weekend trip. Somewhere he would enjoy.
27. Bite my tongue. Agree to disagree. Avoid any type of "argument" today, at all costs.
28. Write him a poem. He loves looking through my poetry books, he would be tickled to death if I took them out again and opened the pages to find a poem written for him.

Ok, believe it or not that took some thinking! Yours may have some similar to some of mine, or yours could be completely different! I'd love to hear about it! I hope your husband enjoys the challenge like I know mine will. Thanks for stopping by!

Xoxo,
Brooke

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typed on my phone with Ana on my arm sleeping sorry for all the misspelled words and no punctuation

      Delete